Thursday 26 September 2013

Macmillan Biggest Coffee Morning

The never ending requests!

My Smallest Mini Bean is still in primary school...at least for one more year anyway.  We get requests quite often for things to come into school..or money for this charity or that sponsored event.   This week is Macmillan's Biggest Coffee morning and so the school, for the first time that I know of, have decided to invite parents/grandparents in from 2.30pm for the opportunity to "buy" cake and coffee in aid of Macmillan.  A lovely idea...but where do the cakes come from? Well we parents have been asked to donate the cakes.   I wasn't going to do anything when the letter came home..."too busy" "I always do cakes" etc etc...but today after my usual Brownie bake I found myself looking through recipe books to see if there was something suitable to make with the rather large supply of apples I had given to me by my very very good friend Kate (of Kate's Creations).

I found my Eat Me book by Xanthe Milton (http://www.cookiegirl.co.uk)

Now I love this book, I love the way it is set out in seasons and the fairytale stories at each chapter. I turned to the Autumn section and lo and behold there were 2 recipes for Apple... Apple biscuits and Toffee Apple Cupcakes.  The Toffee won me over.








So here are my Toffee Apple Cupcakes...I left out the lolly sticks as they are going to school...safety first!!  I kept back 8 of these for us...only 3 remain!!

I may have to make more of these!

xx